Art director and designer, proud Chicagoan and film enthusiast known for my love of fish tacos and outdoor adventures.
Born and raised in the Windy City, I graduated from Loyola University Chicago with degrees in both Visual Communication and Film Production. I currently work as an Art Director for TracyLocke, designing in-store marketing needs for SC Johnson brands such as Ziploc, Kiwi Shoe Care, Glade, Raid, and Drano. I’ve also worked with international accounts such as Salamander, Duck and Raid All-Out, targeting designs for specific demographics around the world. By collaborating with these clients, I’ve built displays, shelf communication, print and digital work for retail toolkits and have assisted in overall activation and key visual conception.
Prior to TracyLocke, I had the opportunity to hone my work as a Graphic Designer at Matrix Partners, Ltd., a boutique, full-service marketing firm in Chicago that specializes in the pet industry. My work has helped small, family-owned and USA-made brands flourish in both independent and mass markets of pet sales. I was the lead designer for brands such as Spring Naturals and the largest cat-treat brand in Japan, Inaba Ciao, as they launched in the United States. For all these clients, I tackled any creative project needed from POS and in-store displays to trade show booth design, social media and website editing. I also have a strong background in packaging design via my work rebranding companies like Nature's Logic, Pet Kelp, Scout & Zoe's, Replenish and Pow-Air Pet and Sport.
Outside of work, I tend to actually stay outside. You can often find me hiking, backcountry camping, ice climbing, or planning a future adventure. My random array of animal knowledge from the 12 years I worked at Brookfield Zoo tends to come in handy at parties and bar trivia. I’m also a nerd about movies, and have checked off traveling as one of my highest priorities in life, taking pictures wherever I go. I have a passion for telling stories, evident by the three different unfinished screenplays in my apartment and an affinity for anything with a handmade touch such as hand lettering and calligraphy, metalworking, printmaking, or super difficult jigsaw puzzles.
MENTIONS AND ACCOLADES
- Graphic Design USA American Package Design Award: Animal & Pets for "Nature's Logic Packaging"
- Minted.com Jury Pick Winner for Child Fabric Design Challenge for design "Bold Balloon Animals"
- Stop-motion animation "8 Ball Stud" featured on "8 Ball on the Silver Screen" blog
- Nature's Logic Feline Kibble wins Pet Product News Editors Choice Award at the SuperZoo Trade Show
- Nature's Logic Packaging Redesign featured in Pet Business Magazine, November 2014
- Graphic Design USA American Graphic Design Award for "Senior Thesis: Rebranding Brookfield Zoo"
- Profiled in Pet Product News International, February 2014, regarding new faces in the pet industry
- Honoree at the 2014 Ravenswood ArtWalk film competition for stop-motion animation, "8 Ball Stud"
- Noted in Crain's Chicago Business, People on the Move
- Medical Anomaly Infographic featured in AIGA Behance Member's Gallery, for promoting new design thinking
- 2nd Place, Best in Show at Loyola Graduate Exhibition for "University Thesis: Rebranding Brookfield Zoo"
Bravo Pet Foods
Chicago Canine Rescue
Company of Animals
Gannon Center for Women and Leadership
Inaba Ciao Cat Treats
Kiwi Shoe Care
Laura Witherow Photography
Loyola University Chicago
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Pangea Educational Development
Pleasant Home Foundation
Wholistic Pet Organics
GET IN TOUCH